Here's a "recipe" for my favorite type of salad this time of year:
Sunflower Shoot Salad with Carrots (Serves 1 hungry veggie lover)
- 1 container Sunflower Shoots
- 1 container Microgreens Mix or Micro Basil
- 3-4 carrots, chopped
- Sunflower seeds, toasted
- Walnuts or almonds, toasted
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1 scoop fermented vegetables like kimchi
Mix all together and top with your favorite dressing. This is my regular lunch this time of year and I actually crave it!
And here's a recipe for a salad dressing I am planning to make this week!
Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 2 cups cilantro leaves, stems removed
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a food processor, combine cilantro, yogurt, garlic, lime juice, and salt. Blend until smooth.
With the motor running, slowly add olive oil through the feed-tube. Season to taste with salt and pepper (I like 1/4 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper). Chill at least 10 minutes to blend flavors.